Are you one of those who snore during sleep or you falls into that second group - victims of others snoring?
Snoring is a very unpleasant sound produced by a person during sleep. Except that violates sleep of other family members or partners, snoring can have for a cause, or even result in health problems of the person who snores.
Statistically speaking, snoring is more prevalent in men than in women, due to the physiological anatomical layout of the airways, which are somewhat narrower in men than in women.
What causes snoring?
1. Inconvenient position during sleep - lying on back significantly deepens snoring in people who are prone to this habit.
2. Genetic predisposition - if there someone in family who snores, there is a possibility that this habit will transfer to children, perhaps in a certain period of life.
3. Congenital abnormality in appearance of soft tissue and the palate, which because of its loose structure and relaxation affect vibration of air and producing the sound of snoring.
4. Colds, inflamed sinuses, nasal congestion due to narrowing of airways, can burden the soft palate and vocal cords and lead to snoring.
5. The wrong position of tongue during sleep can be one of the causes of snoring.
How to stop snoring in a couple of tricks?
1. Change the way in nutrition
If you are obese, and obesity is targeted to work around your neck, you should consider a diet. Weight loss, will reduce unnecessary fat that accumulates around the neck and affects the airflow. When you enable air to freely enter the lungs, you’ll reduce snoring.
2. Leave the cigarettes
If you are a smoker, consider that you have a better chance of snoring than those who don’t smoke.
3. Avoid alcohol, coffee and sedatives late at night
These are funds that aim to relax and affect the good mood. However, to avoid snoring during sleep, try to avoid these substances late in the evening.
4. Avoid sleeping on your back
If you are prone to snoring, it is best to avoid sleeping on your back. In the prone position the soft tissue and soft palate is pulled back so it can narrow down the flow of air to the lungs and because snoring.
5. Aerate the room before going to sleep
Let the room where you sleep should always be ventilated before going to bed. Also you can use air freshener because dry air is the main culprit for the occurrence of snoring.
6. Do exercises for the face
If you are able, make sure that you maintain a daily set of exercises to tighten the facial and neck muscles. Try opening your mouth and tightening the muscles of the neck, pull the tongue upwards, then backwards, firm lips tighten, then relax them and like that.